Thursday, July 26, 2007

Cover Letter

1781 19th street
Lubbock, TX 79415

July 16, 2007

Ms. Connie Aguilar
South West Collection Library
15th & Detroit
Lubbock, TX 41041

Dear Ms. Aguilar:

I’d like to apply for the translating position in the South West Collection Library posted on the Red Raider Student Employment website. I believe that because I was born and raised in a Spanish speaking country, I am a great candidate for the position; I believe that you find my background experience appealing for the position.

I have taken many English courses back when I was learning English, and then when I stated my mayor, I took two English composition classes and introduction to fiction. Plus, all my classes are conducted by the professors which is an indicator that I am very familiar with the language.

I was born and grew up in Chiapas, Mexico. Then I came to Lubbock Texas in 2002 to learn English, I used to translate a lot of reading materials from English to Spanish. I am also doing a minor in Spanish at Texas Tech.
Due to my foreign status in this country, it is difficult for me to find a job outside and some times even inside school, but I have kept myself busy. I am currently a member and a former president of UMI (Spanish Speaking Society) where we tutor students to improve their Spanish skills. We also do community service activities that involve the development of the Spanish language in the community.

I am enclosing my resume with further details of my education and experience. But I would appreciate the opportunity to meet with you discuss these issues further more. You can reach me at (806) 751 2211 or write to my email address alan.delatorriente@ttu.edu

Sincerely,



Alan De La Torriente


Enclosure

No comments: